Experience Costa Rica’s ultimate scuba dive, volcano and cloud forest adventure
10 Days / 9 Nights
|San José area||San José||1 Night|
|La Fortuna area||La Fortuna||2 Nights|
|Monteverde area||Monteverde||2 Nights|
|Guanacaste area||Guanacaste||4 Nights|
This ten-day adventure is a great way to see some of the highlights of Costa Rica combined with some great scuba diving in the Guanacaste region. Experience Costa Rica both above and below the v water on this great adventure combo. Heading to Dive Cocos Island? This combo adventure is a great compliment to any liveaboard trip as a pre or post extension. You will enjoy five days of discovery through coffee plantations, cloud forests, the legendary Arenal volcano finishing off with scuba diving the volcanic pinnacles of Guanacaste teaming with marine life. There is so much to explore in the rainforest full of wild monkeys, treetop sloths, tropical toucans and much more.
This nine-night Costa Rica Experience Package starts in San José and can end back in San José or we can drop you off at the pier in Puntarenas, where you will meet the liveaboard ship.
- 9 NTS – San José (1 NT), La Fortuna (2 NTS), Monteverde (2 NTS), Guanacaste (4 NTS)
- Private transfer from SJO Airport to San José Hotel
- Shuttle transfer San José to Arenal
- Coffee Plantation Tour
- Tabacón Hot Springs Entrance & Transportation with Dinner
- Choice of one (1) La Fortuna Adventure: Celeste River Hike, Caño Negro Wildlife Boat Tour, or Waterfall Canyon Rappelling.
- Van, boat, van lake transfer from La Fortuna to Monteverde
- Choice of one (1) Monteverde Adventure: Canopy Zip Line or Hanging Bridges Walk
- Visit to the Butterfly and Hummingbird Gardens
- Shuttle transfer Monteverde to Guanacaste
- 4 Dives – (2 Days of 2 tank AM Boat Dives in Papagayo – weights, belt and tanks included)
- Private transfer from Guanacaste to San José OR the Puntarenas Dock to meet your liveaboard ship
- Breakfast (9), Lunch (1), Dinner (1)
Day 1: Arrival to San José
Arrival at Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO). You will be met by one of our representatives as you exit the San José Airport and will head to your hotel near San José. Depending on your flight’s arrival hour, you may have time to visit some sites in Costa Rica’s capital city. You can visit the National Theater, a replica of the Paris Opera, the Jade or Gold Museum or just find a local cafe and enjoy an afternoon cup of coffee with the locals. Pura Vida!
Day 2: San José - La Fortuna / Arenal Volcano
Your shuttle transfer will take you from your San José Area Hotel to La Fortuna. After checking in to your hotel, you will be on your way to a local coffee plantation tour. Learn more about the history of this golden bean of Costa Rica and the important connection to this country’s history and family traditions. After your coffee tour spend the evening relaxing in the mineral-rich, therapeutically valuable, thermal pools of the world-famous Tabacón Hot Springs, surrounded by exotic gardens, and enjoy a wide variety of culinary delights at the extensive buffet in a tropical outdoor setting. (B, D)
Day 3: La Fortuna / Arenal Volcano
Enjoy breakfast in your hotel. Today you have your choice of adventure and how you want to experience La Fortuna. Spend the day on an action-packed adventure or take a guided nature boat trip. Choose one of three great trips! After your trip you will have time to relax with a tropical drink by the hotel pool or explore the grounds in search of birds, sloths and monkeys. (B, L)
Here are the activities from which you can choose today:
- Celeste River Hike – Set in the mountains near the Tenorio Volcanic Park, the Rio Celeste (Blue River) and waterfall is a breathtaking natural wonder in the northern zone of Costa Rica. The brilliant blue water gets its colorful hue from a chemical reaction between volcanic minerals. A walk through Tenorio Volcano National Park will take you along the riverbed. Here, you will see the Rio Celeste turn from clear to vivid turquoise. You will also get to admire the waterfall, which is fast becoming one of the country’s most popular attractions.
- Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge – Located near the border with Nicaragua, Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge is considered one of the most important wetlands in Costa Rica. Caño Negro is a freshwater lagoon with over 800 hectares between the Pacific Lowlands and the Caribbean Coastal Zone, creating a region of great biological importance with an immense variety of flora and fauna.
- Waterfall Canyon Rappelling – Start your adventure with a 4×4 off-road tour of your tour start point, where your guides will prepare you for an exciting climbing adventure with five descents and the famous “Monkey Drop” zip line. Your tour includes a delicious local lunch with organic Costa Rican cuisine.
Day 4: Arenal Volcano - Monteverde Cloud Forest
Enjoy breakfast in your hotel. Today you leave the tropical rain forest and head into another climate zone in the fresh mountain air of the Monteverde Cloud Forest. A van picks you up and takes you to the Arenal Lake, where you board a boat and drive with fantastic views of the Arenal Volcano towards Monteverde.
On the other side of the lake another van will take you to your hotel in Monteverde. This area was developed by Quakers who wanted to lead a peaceful life. They stayed in Monteverde, where they made cheese and ice cream that is now very popular throughout Costa Rica. You will find a species-rich animal life in the heart of the cloud forest overlooking the Nicoya Peninsula, along the continental divide. (B)
Day 5: Monteverde Cloud Forest
Experience the cloud forest with an adventure of your choice. Choose between an adventurous Canopy Zip Line adventure or a cloud forest walk over the Hanging Bridges. Your visit also includes a walk through Costa Rica’s largest butterfly garden and a relaxing walk through the hummingbird garden to more than 14 different species of hummingbirds. (B
Day 6: Guanacaste
After breakfast at the hotel your shuttle transfer will take you from your Monteverde Area Hotel to Guanacaste. After checking in at your hotel you will have the afternoon to relax by the pool or enjoy the spectacular Guanacaste sunset. (B)
Day 7: Guanacaste
Breakfast at Hotel – Meet your dive group and enjoy scuba diving a 2-Tank guided local dives with a great variety and abundance of marine life. Return to the hotel for afternoon by the pool or arrange an outside adventure. (B)
Day 8: Guanacaste
Breakfast at Hotel – Meet your dive group and enjoy scuba diving a 2-Tank guided local dives. Afternoon free to relax at the hotel or enjoy the beach (B)
Day 9: Guanacaste
Free day to enjoy on the beach before continuing to your next destination or on your liveaboard vessel. (B)
Day 10: Guanacaste – San José or the Puntarenas Dock
Breakfast in your hotel. Private Transfer from your Guanacaste Hotel to San José or to the Puntarenas and to the dock where you will meet the liveaboard vessel. (B)
|Tour price per person||$1,660.00|
|Travel window:||2 January– 20 December 2021|